27.3.06

on the verge of...

hullo... well..guess this is gonna be a rather long post... at this point.. I am just organizing my thoughts..:-).............k.....almost done..... :-D

an Idle Mind is a Devil's Workshop, but for me, an Idle mind is a Blogger's workshop..:-). I am suddenly feeling this idleness. Lot has happened in the last few months.. almost transformed me.. its been very hectic..but I must say that its been a pleasant experience.. just goin flashback.. almost managed to crack CAT.. gotta few GD PI calls.. so have been busy preparing for them...(busy is an under statement.. for the last couple o months...I ve been eating,sleeping,bathing,running,working,pissing,screwing GDPIs!!!).... got to interact wid lotsa amazing ppl.. and got a sneak peak into their way of thinking!! also.. have been goin to each n evry scrap of newspaper that comes my way... Budget 06, Railway Budget, Economic Survey, Nuclear Deal, Bush Visit, the Bihar Fiasco, WTO ministrerial meet, Kyoto Protocol, Arcelor bid, Godra riots, Indian Economy, Bureaucracy, Services, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Labour Laws, Physical Infrastructure, Social Infrastructure.. etc etc. u name it.. n i can give u a review on it!!!!

and the time table too has been amazin.. wake up 6:45(u think thats late?? see when I slept..:-)) read newspapers OR Rush for interview..9:30 office.. 615 leave office..7 pm GD class.. 3-4 real noisy(read competitive) discussions.. with some really good ppl... u had to make an effort to just get into the discussion.. let alone making a good pt..:-) so it kinda made me pull my socks up.. and today wake me up at 3 in the morning and tell me taht there is a GD... I wud b up for it!!! :-D... 10pm go home.. eat..11pm.. u start gettin sleepy.. so have a cup of tea/coffee late nite.. some small discussions wid roomies..(it was an excellent atmosphere at home.. with 3 of us preparing..) 11:30 then back to the newspapers..and ur old textbooks and India Today.. and Frontline and Business World and !!!! 0130 or 0200 sleep...

and then attending the real thing.. Gd Pis.. the GD wud b over at the blink of an eye.. and the wait before the PI can be excruciating(my turn wud always b 6th or 7th!! ).. ppl comin out.. n givin details abt what they r askin.. then ppl around u start revising their Maths formulas.. their current affairs.. their Fin ka fundas.. Man...u always have that thing in ur belly!!! n then.. just before ur turn.. just focus a bit.. forget everything that exists around u.. quarentine urself..:-).. and then the entire world just wud come to a halt when they say "Ritesh.. pls come in" .. n then in 2 mins.. ur in there..speakin abt urself..

newez...now that I am done with almost all my Gd PIs... I have the time to think..what do I wanna do...immediately in life.. and in the long run... now wait a bit.. am I jumping the guns a bit too soon.. but..what the heck!!..I think the probability of converting atleast 1 out of the 7 calls that I have is pretty large..so.. lemme jump the guns for atleast a while..:-D.. so what do I wanna do... first things first..

I wanna put my papers down in mid May... and take a break.. go on a long trip... I wanna catch a glimpse of this beautiful country of mine (or so they say..:-))... go to some far off place... far off place like Ladakh..or the North East... and I wanna go there with some new friends...and some old friends...
okie.. then.. I wanna go to some nice Institute.. to pursue my MBA.. (Cal or Kozhikode preferably..).. learn new things...make new friends.. go places ( literally and otherwise).. and live the next 2 yrs of my life.. king size...:-)...and MBA wud be the 1st course in life that I wud have taken by choice...I think I wanna do this... the pedagogy etc.. is different there.. u have various interactive sessions.. Case studies.. analyses.. sleepin late in nite.. late nite maggies... then diggin into ur books even later at nite.. and in the morn..u realize that ur hit by assignments...

Enuf of jumping the gun! what if no institute finds me worthy.. (however low the probability.. it is probable rite..)... then I get back to my thinking process immediately after I gave CAT.. that I have given it my all.. the last 2 yrs I ve devoted all my time to this... its been my 2nd love. theres nothin more I can give... if I succeed its gr8.. but if I dont.. its ok.. may b im not destined for it.. that its abt time I did justice to my job.. that I ve taken for granted for so long now!! but whatever the result. This was my Last Attempt at CAT!!! (I know its easier said than done:)

Ritz

2 comments:

Vini said...

Keep the faith, and looking forward to seeing u in Cal ;)

Ritz said...

well.. Cal it is..:)