5.5.06

LDAP..

Hi friends,

My journey with Planet Pluto comes to an end today.
I am overwhelmed. The last 2 and 1/2 yrs of my professional life have been an enriching experience. I dont know where to start... Ok here goes..

Its been a prevelige working here. My job, succinctly put, has been to double click.
I have realized how important the "Double Click" is. The lives of a 100 million people depends on my efficient double clicking. And I have become quite proficient at it. Infact, you could call me an SME in Double clicking. Every time I double click, I cant help get this feeling that I am the Savior of this Planet and that those 'Alien Viruses' would wreck havoc in our lives if I dont do my job properly!

What I would terribly miss is those team meetings, those really didactic discourses that the Erudite Managers gave about the latest technology or issues resolved in, well, Double Clicking! And I am really indebted to the really intellectual presentations that my colleagues made in these team meetings which gave me an indepth understanding about the innovations that they have come up with in Double Clicking. Also the importance of filling up and maintaining XL sheets cannot be undermined and they are the most important tool the manager has which keeps him updated about the number of hours that his resourses have spent in double clicking and how can his effort be reduced.

I have also mastered many other arts.
The first thing that comes to mind is the art of using the Keyboard. I am so cognizant with 100s of Windows commands, that I cant help, but look down upon those less preveliged people who use the mouse.

I am now also a master at recognizing machine coffee by taste. I can differentiate between Nescafe, Bru, Lipton and Real Cafe. I am a master at Long time Canteen discussions. These discussions could vary from the colour of the shoes of that dame from IHL who was wearing a black shirt day before yesterday to the hairdo that Aamir khan had in that movie he took 4 yrs to make and evenually flopped.


I would like to thank all my colleagues and friends, who, through their spontaneous jokes and idiosyncracies made me feel better in those difficult and critical times of virus Broad Test Passes in the labs. I would like to thank my managers. The managers in my project have to be among the best in the world. Even in the most desperate times, they left no stone unturned in convincing that omnipresent not-so-enlightened-all time-cribbing-fool that the work he does is more important than that of Mr Steve Balmer! Infact, these managers have been the inspiration in my life. They are 'the' reason that made me chose this profession that I am finally venturing into. I am infact really indebted to one particular manager that I had, Mr A, who taught me how to enter office at 2, complete the entire work assigned in that day, leave at 6 and in between that, find half an hour to drowse off on my desk!

Well. My seniors asked me to make this motivating for the juniors and it has been the most honest, holehearted and candid effort from my side to do just that.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely
Ritz

P.S. : Out of Mediocrity, finally!

5 comments:

When..Cut said...

Awesome man....Just 2 amazing!!!!...Looks like it came straight from the heart!!....The coffee descriptions and the double clicks were hilariously funny!!!...Majaa aa gaya :)....

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Awesome Good bye mail!!
Best tht I've come across !! U jst cut it with a smile :)

Ritz said...

hi..

@whencut.. yup dude that did come straight frm the heart..:)

@anonymous: i obviously wont b posting this..:)

Vini said...

I wish you really do send this one across!!

NoviceProgrammer said...

My sentiments exactly...:)